Agile Marketing Resources
Agile Marketing helps marketing organizations become faster, more flexible/responsive, and more collaborative in order to be better tuned to the business they’re supporting.
Inspired by the more general Agile approach, Agile Marketing describes a mindset of continuous learning and validation, customer-focused collaboration across functional silos, adaptive and iterative campaigns, and more responsive/continuous planning – all as a way to deal more effectively with uncertainty and complexity.
Agile Marketing teams use techniques such as Scrum to work in an iterative cadence and Kanban to visualize and improve the flow of work. Larger marketing organizations use approaches such as SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) to align and collaborate across teams of agile teams.
But don’t be confused. Achieving Marketing Agility requires more than just implementing some practices. It involves real transformation – a serious look at team structure, leadership style, the marketer role, metrics, and the organizational mindset towards learning/experimenting.
AgileSparks runs one of the world’s top Agile Marketing practices and is part of the Agile Marketing thought leadership community. Below are some of our articles on Agile Marketing as well as other resources we recommend.
And when you’re serious about Agile Marketing, let’s talk.
Agile Marketing Articles On The AgileSparks Blog
Learn About Agile Marketing From Around The Web
- Agile Marketing Reading List
- Agile: The Key to Faster, More Responsive Marketing – Recorded Webinar with Yuval Yeret and Peter Herbert (Of Terminus)
- What is Agile Marketing? – Introduction by Jim Ewel
- Agile Marketing Manifesto
- What Is Agile Marketing? A nice introduction video by Roland Smart.
- Case Studies in Agile Marketing Curated by Jim Ewel
- Why Agile Marketing Should Be A Focus For CMOs – By Forbes
- Marketing Agility Podcast – Interviews of Agile Marketing practitioners, by Frank Days and Roland Smart
- Getting Started With Agile Marketing – An Ebook by Jim Ewel
- The Agile Marketer – Andrea Fryrear’s blog
- The State of Agile Marketing – Andrea Fryrear’s presentation from the recent Agile Marketing SprintOne event we participated in